Saturday, March 1, 2008

Book Review: Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely

To start I just love the title of this book Predictably Irrational. This is book is about how consumers make financial decisions. The reason I love the title though is because I look at some people's thought process and laugh. There are a few people that I know when they are confronted by a situation they will do something foolish (irrational) and I know they are going to do it. Maybe, I am the only one who gets this.

Moving on. This book really give the reader a unique perspective on a lot of aspect related to consumerism. I think that anyone heavily involved in business should give this a read. Especially, people in marketing. He presents the idea that people don't buy just for pleasure there are a whole array of tricks that the mind plays to cause financial decision making.

I really find that this book has the ability to be read into as well. By that I mean you can read this book and draw parallels into other topics. Such as I did with the title. A really thing is relationship in particular, "How we choose are partner?" Irrational always applies not so much predictable. Okay my jokes might not be funny but buy this book it is a must read.

No comments: