Sunday, February 24, 2008

Book Review: Duma Key by Stephen King

This book is about a guy who loses his limb in an accident. This causes him to lose his cool as well. He chases most of the people out of his life who love him and at the urging of his therapist takes a change of scenery.

Where else should he go other than a small island. Here he takes interest in his new hobbie, which is comparable to his phantom limb. Sounds kind of paranormal to me. Remember this book was written by Stephen King. His new hobbie causes him a lot of trouble and at first he is able to his advantage. Then come the twist and turns. Most good things don't last right.

This book is not my cup of tea but I still like it. I'd suggest giving this one a read. If you are not typically into these types of novels you may want to skip reading the book. I think the book has the ability to capture reader outside of the normal niche. I typically hate Stephen King, but I liked this novel.

No comments: