Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book Review: A Dance With Dragon by George R.R. Martin

The release of this book prompted me to write a series of posts. I just wanted to let everyone know about this author and his books. This book is a part of the seven book series of A Song of Ice and Fire. I really do not get into fantasy books very often but after reading A Game of Thorns I became hooked. Be careful if you buy one of the books in this series your going to end up buying all seven and you'll have to wait to get the last two books.

George R.R. Martin is a creative author and his stories are really captivating. It was like reading The Hobbit for the first time when I was twelve. I will never forget that book either. Very few authors are able to capture the attention of the reader like George Martin. He really brings you to a world of imagery with his writing, instead of you just staring at the words in the book.

Every time I pick up one of his books I read them intensely. I can't wait for the next release. This series is really good. I'd say it even has movie potential. Directors a movie goers are getting more and more interested in the genre of book. I think the mind needs a break from reality every once in a while this book give me that chance.

No comments: