Saturday, April 5, 2008

Book Review: Made In America by Matt Hughes

I actually, have an autographed copy of this book at a MMA event in the St. Louis area. It was at the Family Arena Center for those of you familiar with the area, GI's vs Joes.

Well this book is definitely worth reading, but you have to get pass the seventy pages of pain that begin the book. These seventy pages literally seem to be written by a retard. Sorry, about being so mean but it is the truth. You'll definitely know when he hire a ghost writer.

The book takes a look in the upbringing of Matt Hughes and releases some real juicy bits about MMA fighters and what goes on behind the scene. I am kind of suprised that he wrote some of this stuff considering the company he keeps. I guess it is a good thing that he is near the top of the heap.

This book definitely isn't for a lot of you but I would encourage you to read the book. I would really like to see the UFC really break into the mainstream. It is nearly there.

Currently, my favorite sporting events of the UFC pay-per-views. I also really like Fight Night on Spike. The last one was awesome. There were really some great fights. Side note Joe Rogan is the bomb, he does a great job announcing.

My favorite T.V. show is The Ultimate Fighter. This season really is shaping up to be the best season ever. On the first episode we found out that they had to fight their way into the house. I think that it is a great idea. By the way this is really the only television show that I watch. I don't want to hear any criticism.

No comments: